Q2 2016 Sellability Tracker Index
The Sellability Tracker is a quarterly study designed to track worldwide trends in the liquidity of privately held businesses, business valuation trends, average offers by industry, etc.
This study was conducted by the team at The Value Builder System™— a cloud-based software application that allows business owners to evaluate the “sellability” of their company.
The study includes analyzed data from over 23,000 users of The Value Builder Score from around the world between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2016. The majority of participants were from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and South Africa and are from business owners running companies that generate more than $500,000 per year in annual revenues with around 39% generating between $1m - $10m annual revenues.
Key findings of the Q2 2016 report include:
- An increase in owner optimism with respect to future revenues;
- A strong uplift in the number of unsolicited offers to buy their business;
- Average offer multiples up from Q1;
- How the age of business owners influences their chances of receiving an offer and the level of the offer received;
- Growing industries get higher offers;
- The impact of growth potential on the average offer price;
- Which industries are getting the most offers and at what average multiples;